Dazzling displays at tree festival
Published at 16:17, Thursday, 20 December 2012
HUNDREDS of festive revellers have already enjoyed the twinkling lights and dazzling decorations of the second annual Millom Christmas Tree Festival.
With almost 40 Christmas trees – 25 per cent more than in its inaugural year – organisers say the festival celebrates the best of the Millom community.
Festival co-ordinator Councillor Felicity Wilson said: “The festival reflects Millom and the wider Millom community.
“There is creativity and caring in the tree designs, and all that is good about Millom.
“There is a huge group of people that work hard to make the trees look good and they do so without fuss and it is a joy to pull it all together.”
Co-organiser Reverend Robert Bracegirdle said: “We think of the festival as a community celebration.
“We’ve tried to pull together as many elements of the local community as we can. And more organisations have signed up for next year.”
Since opening on December 8, the St George’s Church hosted-festival has attracted hundreds through the doors, with Rev Bracegirdle adding: “We’ve had droves of people coming up the drive all the time.”
The festival, which includes trees from the likes of Millom School and Haverigg Prison, runs until January 6 and is free to enter.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Millom news
- Dogs bound into action for slice of Cumbria country life
- Millom RAF history goes back on display
- Millom “vulnerable” due to nearby prison (3 comments)
- Tributes paid after death of Millom man (1 comment)
- Millom man's boat theft dismay
- Millom man accused of GBH
- South Cumbria students received their A-Level results
- Millom woman faces trial charged with verbally abusing children
- Backers claim Millom wind power would generate £5m profit (3 comments)
- Millom man's blog comments caused victim ‘horrendous’ stress
- TV show recounts attack on Haverigg woman who was set ablaze
- Millom residents offered green gadgets to cut food waste
- Haverigg prison bosses taken to task over ‘appalling’ cuts in staff (2 comments)
- Parking permit trial at Millom doctors’ surgery
- Millom man denies assault
- Millom health services set for major revamp (1 comment)
- Balancing act comes to Millom
- Freed Millom stalker faces online posts ban
- Community group calls for better access in Millom
- Barrow shoplifters decided they ‘may as well’ steal items
- Call for CCTV after Millom council staff verbally abused
- Millom man jailed for harassing own mum for food and money
- Millom clock tower owners ticked off by grant refusal (2 comments)
- No increased risk of cancer for children living near Sellafield - experts say (1 comment)
- Millom boy, 9, asthma death tribute (2 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33