Haverigg man faces child sex charges
Published at 16:50, Friday, 14 December 2012
A MAN has appeared in court charged with historic sexual offences against children.
Martin David Phillips appeared in Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with two offences of gross indecency under the Indecency with Children Act 1960, and one offence of indecent assault under the Sexual Offences Act 1956.
The offences of gross indecency relate to two girls, both aged under 14, while the assault relates to a female victim aged under 16.
The 41-year-old, a former boss of a saw mill in Millom, is alleged to have committed the offences in Bootle, between November 1986 and March 1990.
Phillips, who was represented in court by Mr Trystan Roberts and who gave his address as Mainstreet, Haverigg, did not enter a plea to the three offences.
He has been released on conditional bail and is due to appear before Preston Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on January 3.
Prosecutor Mrs Judith Knott said bail conditions prevent Phillips from having any access, contact or communication with any child under the age of 16.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Millom news
Evening Mail homepage
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Millom sex offender jailed for three years after targeting children
- Poison pen mail sent to Millom woman (3 comments)
- ‘I will be shot if I tell you about cash’ man told police
- MY MILLOM - GOOD, BAD OR NEEDS CHANGING?
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- West Cumbria residents anger as prison sewage system leaks (1 comment)
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- Firm’s upgrade pledge after sale of Cumbria holiday park
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22