BANDSTAND FOR MILLOM PARK
Last updated at 13:15, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
THE FRIENDS OF MILLOM PARK SEEK PUBLIC SUPPORT TO INSTALL A BANDSTAND IN MILLOM PARK NEAR THE FOOTPATH AT THE TOP OF THE PARK BEHIND THE MULTI USE GAMES AREA (TENNIS COURT)FULL DETAILS OF THE TYPE OF BANDSTAND CAN BE VIEWED AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE
THE PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF THE EQUIPMENT WILL BE FUNDED BY A GRANT WHICH IS EASILY AVAILABLE FOR INITIATIVES SUCH AS THIS AND THERE WILL BE NO COST TO COUNCIL TAX PAYERS.
SIMILAR SCHEMES HAVE BEEN SET UP FOR YEARS IN OTHER PARKS IN THE UK.
THIS PROJECT HAS NOW RECEIVED PLANNING PERMISSION FROM COPELAND BOROUGH COUNCIL
DISPLAYS WERE SET UP IN MILLOM LIBRARY FOYER, THE MILLOM NETWORK CENTRE AND MILLOM CHILDREN'S CENTRE AND A RESIDENTS SUPPORT SIGNATURE DOCUMENT WAS AVAILABLE. PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SUPPORT THIS INITIATIVE TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE ASSET TO MILLOM PARK, ENABLING PERFORMANCES BY THE HOLBORN HILL BRASS BAND AND VARIOUS GROUPS AND CONCERTS TO BE HELD.
VANDALISM IN MILLOM PARK HAS COST OVER £2000 SO FAR THIS YEAR. IF WE CAN GET MORE PEOPLE USING THE PARK AND ITS FACILITIES, WE MAY BE ABLE TO PREVENT IT.
IF YOU DO SEE ANY ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR IN THE PARK, PLEASE PHONE THE FOLLOWING NUMBER - KEEP IT ON YOUR PHONE.
0845 33 00 247
Friends of Millom Park
First published at 21:18, Thursday, 01 April 2010
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
Evening Mail homepage
- ‘Damp home ruining my life,’ claims Millom mum (5 comments)
- Paint vandalism in Millom
- Millom killer inquest - shock twist
- Millom thief jailed after leaving sock at scene of burglary
- Millom mayor pleased with increased police presence (1 comment)
- Police treating fire at Barrow school as arson (68 comments)
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (12 comments)
- Old ways to fix roads
- Nicholas Warman
- Millom mum who flatlined during childbirth speaks out about threats to West Cumbria hospital service (1 comment)
Post 16 education
Go green 36