Copeland Coastal Landscape/Seascape Photography Competition 2012
Published at 16:11, Saturday, 09 June 2012
Copeland Coastal Landscape/Seascape Photography Competition 2012
We are looking for the best landscape or seascape photograph taken of Copeland’s coast between 2nd February and 31st July 2012. Open to amateur photographers only.
Date of Birth
Category Please Circle
Copeland Resident Adult (16yrs & over) Under 16 years
Non-resident Adult (16yrs & over) Under 16 years
About your photograph
Title of Image
Location of Image
Date Image Taken
I wish to enter the Copeland Coastal Landscape/Seascape Photography Competition 2012.
I have read and agree to be bound by the attached Competition Rules.
I certify that the image I have supplied is my own work. (Any entries found to be taken by a person other than the named entrant will be disqualified).
I understand that by entering my image in this competition I agree to allow Copeland Borough Council to reproduce the image for publicity purposes and use it in any of its publications, whether print or online. (The photographer will be given credit wherever practicable).
Signed …………………………………………………………………. (Parent / guardian if entrant under 16)
Unfortunately we are unable to return any of the prints entered.
First prize in each category: £150 Photography Equipment Voucher
Winners plus two runners up in each category also receive: An enlarged canvas print of their image, which will be exhibited at The Beacon, Whitehaven between September 8th – October 7th 2012.
• Please submit printed photos (not digital format) sized from 8”x6” to 12”x 8”.
• Please label your prints with your name and the category entered in addition to completing this entry form.
• Digital manipulation beyond cropping is not allowed.
Please return your completed entry form with your photograph to: Copeland Borough Council, The Copeland Centre, Catherine Street, Whitehaven, Cumbria. CA28 7SJ
Closing date: 4pm on 31st July 2012. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
1. The competition is open to everyone except; Copeland Borough Council employees, professional/commercial photographers and members of the Coastal Initiative Project Board.
2. Only photographs from /of Copeland’s coast (from Lowca in the north to Duddon Bridge in the south) taken during February 2012 – July 2012 (inclusive) will be eligible for entry.
3. Only one entry per person allowed.
4. Entries must be in printed form. (Winners will be asked for digital images / film negatives to enable enlargement.)
5. Entries may be colour or black and white and should be at least 8”x 6” on photographic paper.
6. Photographs must be labelled on the reverse with your full name as it appears on this entry form. Children's entries must be submitted with confirmation of parent’s permission.
7. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered their submitted image for sale, been paid for any publication of the image or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with the image.
8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in the photograph entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entry or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
9. The competition will be judged by a judging panel. The panel’s decision is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
10. Winners will be informed during August 2012 and the list of winners will be displayed on the Council’s website.
11. Your personal details and images will not be passed to any third party.
12. The photographer or their representatives agree unconditionally that Copeland Borough Council may reproduce any exhibited photographs for the purposes of marketing, promotion, discussion and education in publications, posters, postcards and the internet. The Council also reserves the right to reproduce the photograph for non-commercial purposes, for example as an example of a past exhibition on the web site, indefinitely as a public record or as part of its main website.
13. The responsibility for damage or loss, however caused, is the responsibility of the photographer. Copeland Borough Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage whether or not caused by their negligence.
14. Copeland Borough Council reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if the Council has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks (1 comment)
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Fond tributes to Millom poppy appeal heroine
- Millom dad walks 97 miles to highlight tot's plight
- Millom sex offender jailed for three years after targeting children
- Praise for Millom project promoting public health
- Anger over inaction on disabled stairlift at Millom Town Council chambers
- New organ donors sign up within minutes of Millom group's campaign launch
- Disabled access row at Millom Town Council chambers (1 comment)
- West Cumbria residents anger as prison sewage system leaks (1 comment)
- Millom brothers cleared of neglecting mother (1 comment)
- Man left with cuts and bruises after assault in Millom
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services (1 comment)
- Millom double death inquest concludes
Evening Mail homepage
- MILLOM CRICKET CLUB
- Rights of way decision in four weeks
- Afghan job for Millom prison boss
- 51 new homes approved
- Modern Business Solutions
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Tributes paid after death of Millom man (1 comment)
- Teaching unions have hit out at the quick inspections of 16 Cumbria schools
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22