FRIENDS OF MILLOM PARK
Last updated at 13:13, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
The Friends of Millom Park will be holding their next Meeting on Thursday 20th January 2011 at 2.00pm in Millom Council Chamber. Everyone is welcome to attend and find out what our plans are or to have a positive input into the future of Millom Park.
FRIENDS OF MILLOM PARK
Chairman: Joan Hobbs, 110 Main Street, Haverigg, Millom, Cumbria, LA18 4EY, Tel: 01229 774420,
Treasurer: Paul Carney, 9 St. George’s Terrace, Millom, Cumbria, LA18 4DB, Tel: 01229 773260,
Secretary: Brian Crawford, 16 Lancashire Road, Millom, Cumbria, LA18 4AW, Tel: 01229 777648
Minutes of the Inaugural Meeting of the Friends of Millom Park, held on Tuesday 29th September at 2.30pm In Millom Council Chamber, St. George’s Road, Millom, Cumbria
1. The Millom Mayor, Cllr Joan Hobbs opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.
Present: Cllr Joan Hobbs, Cllr Brian Crawford, Cllr Irene Ashburner, Toni Magean (CBC), Russell Maddams (CBC), Derek Morris (CBC), David Ward (Millom Bowling Club), Paul Carney, Lorraine Athersmith, Pam Callow, Linda Collis, Steve Lawrence, Christine Lawrence and a representative of Millom Police, PSCO Paul Sullivan.
2. The Millom Mayor, Cllr Joan Hobbs made a formal proposal to those present that a “Friends of Millom Park Group” be formed.
(Seconded by: David Ward – all accepted)
3. All would be members of the FOMP completed a FOMP Membership Form
4. The Millom Mayor, Cllr Joan Hobbs, proposed that a draft Constitution for the FOMP be accepted.
(Seconded by: Lorraine Athersmith – all accepted)
5. The Millom Mayor, Cllr Joan Hobbs, proposed that a FOMP Management Committee be formed in compliance of the new Constitution.
(Seconded by: Paul Carney – all accepted)
6. Election of Committee:
a. Chairman: Joan Hobbs, PROPOSED BY David Ward, SECONDED BY Paul Carney
b. Secretary: Brian Crawford, PROPOSED BY David Ward, SECONDED BY Steve Lawrence
c. Treasurer: Paul Carney, PROPOSED BY David Ward, SECONDED BY Lorraine Athersmith
d. Committee Irene Ashburner, PROPOSED BY Brian Crawford, SECONDED BY Paul Carney
Committee: Lorraine Athersmith
Committee: Pam Callow
Committee: Linda Collis
Committee: Steve Lawrence
Committee: Christine Lawrence
Committee: Dave Ward
(All Committee nominations accepted)
7. The Chairman proposed that FOMP open a community group bank account with NatWest.
(There shall be any two out of three signatories from the three principal officers as per the Constitution))
(Seconded by: Pam Callow – all accepted)
8. The Chairman proposed that once a bank account is established formal applications for initial funding be made to Millom Council, CGP and the Millom Neighbourhood Forum – all accepted.
9. Establishment of the Friends of Millom Park Web Site – to be left with the Secretary to develop.
10. The Launch of Millom Park Watch – Toni Magean (CBC) introduced this scheme. He said it was similar to the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme, working with the police to reduce anti-social behaviour. Signs would be placed in the Park giving a contact number and local residents would be visited to contribute to the scheme. A log would be kept and a data base compiled to keep records of problems. A public launch is planned together with appropriate leaflets.
11. Millom Park Public Information Leaflet – Toni Magean (CBC) introduced a discussion on this item saying it was up to the FOMP to design it and he would get copies printed. It would be a Millom Park promotional leaflet to also include a location map.
12. Financial Grant – Toni Magean (CBC) stated that to support the establishment of the FOMP he would arrange for us to have a start-up grant of £500 once the account is set up. The Committee wished to express thanks to Toni and CBC for this generous support.
13. Any Other Business:
a. Toni Magean (CBC) stated that as Millom Council owns Millom Park, it is understood that CBC will continue to maintain it.
b. Toni Magean (CBC) stated that there is an issue of the Millom cemetery becoming full with no new space for future burials. There may be a possibility of the use of a small part of Millom Park for this in the future – to be considered.
c. Toni Magean (CBC) stated that Russell Maddams (CBC) had a supply of spring bulbs that could be planed in Millom Park. It was decided to put this item on the Agenda for the first meeting of the FOMP Committee.
d. Toni Magean (CBC) led a brief discussion on the merits and status of Millom Park attaining a Green Flag. This will be applied for as part of future Five and Ten Year Management Plans.
14. Date, time and venue of the first Committee meeting was agreed to be on Tuesday the 20th October at 2.30pm in the Council Chamber. The date time and venue for first full Group meeting will be arranged at the first Committee meeting.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 4.30 pm
Brian Crawford: Secretary FOMP
(Note: Membership of the Friends of Millom Park group is free and is open to any community group or individual with an interest in furthering the aims of the Group.)
Friends of Millom Park exists to improve the green space known as Millom Park and its environment, including the Park’s associated facilities, for the benefit of the inhabitants of Millom and surrounding area
First published at 15:33, Saturday, 03 October 2009
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks (1 comment)
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Fond tributes to Millom poppy appeal heroine
- Millom dad walks 97 miles to highlight tot's plight
- Millom sex offender jailed for three years after targeting children
- Praise for Millom project promoting public health
- Anger over inaction on disabled stairlift at Millom Town Council chambers
- New organ donors sign up within minutes of Millom group's campaign launch
- Disabled access row at Millom Town Council chambers (1 comment)
- West Cumbria residents anger as prison sewage system leaks (1 comment)
- Millom brothers cleared of neglecting mother (1 comment)
- Man left with cuts and bruises after assault in Millom
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services (1 comment)
- Millom double death inquest concludes
Evening Mail homepage
- Tributes to darts ace Hendley
- AGE UK WEST CUMBRIA SUMMER EVENTS
- Climb aboard and tour on a Segway
- ROYAL NAVY ASSOCIATION - MILLOM & DISTRICT BRANCH
- Businesses put on fast track to fame
- PHIL ATKINSON
- Woollybacks turn up heat in second half
- Jack is just one example of what makes school special
- MILLOM PARK FITNESS TRAIL IS NOW IN USE
- Proud residents vow to change their town (3 comments)
- School reunion for year of 1955
- RAINBOWS, BROWNIES, GUIDES & RANGERS
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- New estate agency cuts cost of moving
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- ‘Shattering’ death of Whicham Valley farmer and councillor
- IT infrastructure expertise
- MILLOM CRICKET CLUB
- MILLOM AGE-UK WEST CUMBRIA - THE BRADBURY CENTRE
- Lisa Oglanby & Darren Steele
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22