Local Correspondent for Millomlocal
Last updated at 13:14, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
Brian Crawford is Millomlocal's new local Correspondent . Brian, born in Fleetwood, is a retired secondary school science teacher and served in the Royal Engineers on tugs and landing craft at Southampton, Aden and in Bahrein, the Gulf for 15 months in the early 1960's.
Brian lives in Lancashire Road, Millom with his wife Jill.
Since moving to Millom from Askam-in-Furness in August 2006, Brian has become very involved with local Millom and district community groups including the South Copeland Disability Group, The Millom Pensioner's Club, The Millom Hospital League of Friends, The Friends of Millom Park, The Millom Ironworks Management Group, The Millom Recreation Centre, The Millom and District Angling Club, the South Cumbria Sea Sports Association Ltd., the Furness and South Cumbria Fisheries Consultative Association, the South West Cumbrland Fisheries Association, the Cumbria Sea Fisheries Committee, the River Duddon Partnership, the Duddon Estuary Partnership, Millom Youth Partnership, Millom Youth Forum, Millom Children's Centre and the Millom Skate Park Management Group. From May 2007 to November 2008, Brian was also a volunteer with the Millom & Haverigg Economic Development Group two days per week, mainly working on the Millom website and in the production of the M&HEDG Newsletter - Risogimento. He now works with the Millom Network Centre to produce their Newsletter - The Networker.
In April 2008, Brian was elected a Millom Town Councillor for the Holborn Hill ward and represents Millom on the South Copeland Partnership of Parish Councils and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Cumbria Association of Local Councils - Copeland Division.
When Brian is not at a committee meeting he tries to go fishing - any fishing, coarse, sea or game. He likes pike fishing on Coniston in the winter or small boat sea fishing in summer. He has held a British fishing record, appeared in the 1996 edition of the Guinness book of records, had several fishing books published and has appeared on tv in the "Screaming Reels" series.
It is Brian's wish to see the views and issues of Millom and district reflected on Millomlocal. He would like representatives of all local community groups to contact him with information about local events, news, photos, comments about Millom and district, awards, competitions and ideas for inclusion on this site.
Brian can be contacted on 01229 777648 and if he is out (fishing or at a committee meeting) you can leave your details on the answer phone and he will get back to you asap. Or you can email him at email@example.com headed "Millomlocal"
First published at 19:50, Friday, 18 September 2009
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks (1 comment)
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Fond tributes to Millom poppy appeal heroine
- Millom dad walks 97 miles to highlight tot's plight
- Millom sex offender jailed for three years after targeting children
- Praise for Millom project promoting public health
- Anger over inaction on disabled stairlift at Millom Town Council chambers
- New organ donors sign up within minutes of Millom group's campaign launch
- Disabled access row at Millom Town Council chambers (1 comment)
- West Cumbria residents anger as prison sewage system leaks (1 comment)
- Millom brothers cleared of neglecting mother (1 comment)
- Man left with cuts and bruises after assault in Millom
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services (1 comment)
- Millom double death inquest concludes
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22