A YOUNG model from Millom is set to compete in the final of a national beauty contest with a twist.
NOW is a particularly interesting time for Millom. While there is a fair amount of worry around some of the town’s services, there’s still a lot to be hopeful and optimistic about, writes Millom district reporter STUART RUST.
MILLOM was well represented in this year’s Keswick to Barrow walk.
A SCHEME to reduce pressure on the valuable working hours of GPs is being trialled in Millom – and the results are encouraging.
A VIBRANT range of artwork will go on display at a school this summer, showcasing the talents of its students.
AN award-winning Millom brewery has a wide range of exciting plans for the future – including taking part in an international beer competition in Canada.
MOORE Arts: Millom provides an artistic outlet for the community of Millom and they have been awarded just under £10,000 from the Arts Council.
MILLOM was gripped with a patriotic fervour almost 100 years ago as its young men marched down to the railway station ready to do their nation’s bidding at the start of the First World War.
Evening Mail homepage
- Man charged with £23,250 gold ring theft
- ‘Barrow kids throwing food to get seagulls run over’ (16 comments)
- Students put on a sound performance
- Tim Whitmarsh
- School activities mark partnership
- New chairman takes over at small business federation
- Family history page (75 comments)
- Victim and attacker ‘knew each other’
- Comic lays into Barrow on TV chat show (56 comments)
- Cops sue Cumbria police
- A growing need for allotments
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Hound Trailing results
- ASBO for attacking neighbour
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Arrested people released
- THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION - MILLOM BRANCH
- Barrow soldier stole from disabled employer
- Man who threatened to jump from Carlisle hotel roof sentenced by court
- Tributes as talented performer dies at 24 (6 comments)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22