A YOUNG model from Millom is set to compete in the final of a national beauty contest with a twist.
NOW is a particularly interesting time for Millom. While there is a fair amount of worry around some of the town’s services, there’s still a lot to be hopeful and optimistic about, writes Millom district reporter STUART RUST.
MILLOM was well represented in this year’s Keswick to Barrow walk.
A SCHEME to reduce pressure on the valuable working hours of GPs is being trialled in Millom – and the results are encouraging.
A VIBRANT range of artwork will go on display at a school this summer, showcasing the talents of its students.
AN award-winning Millom brewery has a wide range of exciting plans for the future – including taking part in an international beer competition in Canada.
MOORE Arts: Millom provides an artistic outlet for the community of Millom and they have been awarded just under £10,000 from the Arts Council.
MILLOM was gripped with a patriotic fervour almost 100 years ago as its young men marched down to the railway station ready to do their nation’s bidding at the start of the First World War.
Evening Mail homepage
- Millom “vulnerable” due to nearby prison (4 comments)
- Tributes paid after death of Millom man (1 comment)
- Millom man accused of GBH
- Jail for Millom man with drugs in gravy tin
- MILLOM TOWN COUNCIL
- Millom woman faces trial charged with verbally abusing children
- ‘I won’t rest until the Millom tip baby mystery is solved’
- Ill health forces shock closure of Cumbrian dance school (33 comments)
- Millom boy, 9, asthma death tribute (2 comments)
- Visitors flock to Millom and Broughton Agricultural Show for celebration of country life
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33