SOUTH COPELAND TOURISM GROUP EVENTS 2013
Last updated at 12:59, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
SOUTH COPELAND TOURISM GROUP EVENTS
Western Lake District KiteFest 2013. 11th & 12th May. Wilson Park, Haverigg. More information at www.kite-fest.co.uk . A new land based kite festival featuring professional kite display teams and commentators from across Northern England. Includes public kite area and a teddy bear parachute drop.
· Black Combe Walking Festival. 25th May to 2nd June 2013. A week-long programme of walks and talks suitable for all abilities. More information at www.walkingfest.org.uk
· South Copeland Scarecrow Festival. 29th & 30th June 2013. A display of nearly 100 scarecrows from the River Duddon to the River Esk!
· Heritage Open Days. 12th to 15th September 2013. More than 35 historic buildings across South Copeland will be open to the public.
· Beer ‘n’ Bangers Festival. 4th to 6th October 2013. More information at www.beernbangers.com . Explore our areas pubs, butchers and eateries to celebrate the local Cumberland sausage.
All events without a website can link to www.southcopelandtourism.org.uk when the site is completed (which will be soon!).
Tourism Development Officer
South Copeland Tourism Community Interest Company
Registered Office: Millom Network Centre, Salthouse Road, Millom, Cumbria, LA18 5AB
Registered No. 7058594
Tel: 01229 719680
South Copeland Tourism CIC is an independent organisation funded by the Rural Development Programme England, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Millom Town Council, Cumbria County Council, Nuclear Management Partners and Copeland Borough Council.
First published at 19:52, Friday, 11 March 2011
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Millom double killer has sentence increased
- Millom killer had made attempt on his own life
- Neighbour called 999 after witnessing Millom killer's attack on dog
- MP to hold ‘ideas fair’ in Millom
- Regeneration a key aim of Millom mayor
- Diversity turned into opportunity in Millom
- Millom School activities provide pupils with real-life skills
- Health week just what doctor ordered for Milom primary school children
- Trips away boost Millom pupils' team-building skills
- Maths in cooking gives Millom pupils a bigger appetite for learning
- Millom staff and students take on tough trek
- Millom singing event a note-able success
- Millom cyclists gear up for challenge
- Sellafield employer scoops series of accolades
- Supermarket shoppers develop a taste for Millom pale ales
- New Millom School head tells of plans
- Hawks and eagles swoop into Cumbria castle site
- Children and staff wage war on litter around Millom School
- TV talent show and burger challenge among Millom highlights
- Police to ask if Millom deaths could have been avoided
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22