THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION - MILLOM BRANCH
Published at 13:00, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
The Royal British Legion – Millom Branch
Raising awareness - Shoulder to Shoulder with all who serve
One of the main roles of The Millom Branch of The Royal British Legion is to raise awareness within the community of the needs of the past, present and future Armed Forces family.
The community are generally aware of this during the Poppy Appeal and Remembrance period from late October to mid November and we receive fantastic support with the majority of people wearing poppies.
But we need support throughout each year to ensure that our work can continue. This can take many forms from a simple donation to assisting with the organisation of the local Legion charity events.
The Millom Branch was formed as a voice for the local Armed Forces family and community. Help us ensure that this voice does not go unheard.
· Join a network of local people who care about the Armed Forces family
· Support our local community campaigning work
· Influence the future of your local Branch of the Legion
· Enjoy friendship and camaraderie
· Get involved nationally or locally
· Open to all supporters of the Armed Forces family
Volunteer for the Legion
Volunteers are the lifeblood of The Royal British Legion and Poppy Appeal and we couldn't achieve all that we do without them.
We have a whole range of volunteering opportunities so there's lots of ways you can get involved, whether you have got a lot of time to give or just an hour or two.
Become a Poppy Person now!
You might want to join or assist the Poppy Appeal Organiser team in Millom or become a caseworker where you'll meet a range of people and assess what support they need. You could work alongside our regional fundraising teams helping us plan the Poppy Appeal.
If you're interested in joining or assisting the Millom Branch of The Royal British Legion, please come along to one of the Millom Branch monthly meetings.
Next meeting 7pm on last Tuesday of the month in the Bear in the Square, St. George's Terrace, Millom
For details of meetings please contact:
01229 776596 or 07895686188
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
Evening Mail homepage
- Cumbria woman rescued from mud in Haverigg (1 comment)
- Millom mum killer shows no remorse
- HAVERIGG CRICKET CLUB
- Firm’s upgrade pledge after sale of Cumbria holiday park
- Mike Paley's Millom Blog
- Prospect of Cumbria support in Tour of Britain inspires Millom cyclist
- Temporary fix for closed Millom tip (1 comment)
- Millom woman who injured back in crash was drink-driving
- 5000 NHS DENTAL PLACES FOR MILLOM
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school