THE SOUTH COPELAND PARTNERSHIP OF PARISH COUNCILS
Last updated at 13:14, Tuesday, 25 June 2013
THE SOUTH COPELAND PARTNERSHIP OF PARISH COUNCILS
This Memorandum of Understanding made between Bootle Parish Council, Millom Town Council, Millom Without Parish Council, Ulpha Parish Meeting, Waberthwaite Parish Council and Whicham Parish Council (“hereinafter called the Councils”)
1. It is not intended to create any legal relationship between the parties hereto or for this document to have any legal effect whatever.
2. Any of the parties hereto may withdraw from this Memorandum of Understanding with immediate effect by giving written notice in writing to all of the other parties hereto.
3. The Councils are desirous of working together and sharing information in order to carry out their functions more effectively.
4. Each parish council may by resolution appoint two of its members and the Ulpha Parish Meeting may appoint two members of their local community who will together with the other appointed members constitute a committee
(“hereinafter called the committee”) which shall be known as the South Copeland Partnership.
5. The Committee shall have power to co-opt such other committee members as it thinks fit in order to carry out the functions of the Committee as hereinafter mentioned. Any such appointment must be in writing.
6. The function of the Committee shall be:
(i) To identify common strategic interests where the Councils may with advantage be able to act together in an effective way and to make recommendations as to how this can be achieved
(ii) To identify specific interests relating to the activities of one or more Councils where help or information from the other Councils may be helpful
(iii) To encourage each Council to prepare a Parish Plan if it has not already done so and to consider the possibility of a Joint Community Plan covering the area of all the Councils
(iv) To provide to the Councils information and advice about any funding or grant aid which may be available for any of the above matters
(v) To provide any other information or make recommendations to the Councils in furtherance of any of the above objectives
(vi) To make any other recommendations to promote co-operation and joint action between the Councils
(vii) To effect changes within South Copeland to assist in the achievement of the West Cumbria Strategic Partnership’s Sustainable Communities Strategy (Future Generation).
7. The Committee shall have no power to bind or commit the Councils or any of them.
8. The Committee shall have power to regulate its own procedures including
(i) The power to appoint a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer
(ii) The power to establish its voting procedure
PROVIDE ALWAYS that no resolutions or decisions of the Committee shall be transacted unless at least 5 representatives appointed under Clause 4 hereof are present at the meeting.
9. The Committee shall make a budget of the anticipated running costs of the Committee including secretarial expenses and the renting of a meeting room. Such budget shall be submitted to each of the Councils for approval and the Councils shall each make such contribution as may be agreed between them.
10. Minutes of every meeting of the Committee shall be kept and copies thereof shall be sent to each Council once the Chairman has signed the minutes as a true record.
First published at 20:14, Thursday, 17 June 2010
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Prospect of Cumbria support in Tour of Britain inspires Millom cyclist
- Temporary fix for closed Millom tip (1 comment)
- Guests have a ball raising £2.5k for Millom mayor’s charities
- Firm’s upgrade pledge after sale of Cumbria holiday park
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works" (2 comments)
- West Cumbria mayor’s £50k salary ‘lowest in country’ (1 comment)
- Candidates for Copeland Council elections invited to meet
- Millom man accused of murdering Kenya girlfriend mentally fit to stand trial
- Man makes Millom ‘tip baby’ death T-shirt vow
- Millom man could face death penalty after being charged with murder
- Millom unprovoked attack victim speaks out over sentencing
- Tributes paid to former Millom publican
- Cumbria beauty queen speaks out against bullying (4 comments)
- Cumbria fund’s £1,000 boost will take youth centre into new league
- Charity highlights ‘tragic’ suicide of Cumbria prison inmate
- Road closures in Copeland after heavy snowfalll and freezing temperatures forecast (2 comments)
- Millom man tells how he is battling cancer for the FOURTH time
- Millom man found topless and in possession of cocaine (3 comments)
- Cumbria quarry extension plans approved
- Olympic star joins Millom school’s celebration of achievement
- Terror jet trip Cumbria family aim to get on a plane in 2015
- Millom man airlifted to hospital after heart attack
- Parents of Millom boy unable to drink water start £20k charity drive (1 comment)