House detectives put name to town street
Published at 13:12, Tuesday, 22 November 2011
ON October 20 we featured a picture of a soldier based at the old RAF Millom airfield and wondered who he was and where the picture might have been taken.
Thousands of troops passed through training courses at the Haverigg site in the 1960s and it was possible that the picture of the soldier with the big dog might have been taken in the village.
Mainsgate Road in Millom was suggested as one possibility but it proved to be the Lancashire Road end of Market Street as can be seen in the modern comparison picture.
First off the mark in identifying the street were Mike Paley, of Salthouse Road and Tony Murning of Lonsdale Road.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Millom news
Evening Mail homepage
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (12 comments)
- Millom vandals cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage
- THE SOUTH COPELAND PARTNERSHIP OF PARISH COUNCILS
- Pupils showcase dance skills in national competition
- MP hits out after hospital blocks planned staff surgeries
- Relic of Darwin's voyage of discovery
- Bridge on track
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33