The Friends aim to protect and enhance the natural and historic interest of the Nature Reserve, on the site of the former Millom Ironworks, and provide a place of peaceful enjoyment and learning for local people and for visitors.
Local groups can get involved
Last updated at 22:04, Monday, 26 October 2009
The new Millom Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail - is a great way to let people know how your group or organisation is getting on.
Are you involved with a local group, charity or organisation in Millom? If so you can keep your members, residents and the wider community up to date on how it is doing right here on the Millom Local website.
Updates, appeals and information on meetings and events can all be placed on the site - in your own words and free of charge.
To find out more call reporter Sam Walker on 01229 771898 or use the email form below.
First published at 09:03, Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Star gymnast helps to inspire youngsters in Millom
- Olympian Beth Tweddle returns to Millom for gym masterclass
- Cumbria A595 putting lives at risk (1 comment)
- Former Millom Co-op building fails to sell at auction
- Millom man - My Kenya prison hell
- Millom comes together for festive lights switch-on
- Millom pantomime gets off to a flying start
- Police launch fresh Millom tip baby appeal
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Cumbria prison has one of the highest numbers of smuggled phones (1 comment)
- Millom thief jailed after leaving sock at scene of burglary
- Paint vandalism in Millom
- ‘Damp home ruining my life,’ claims Millom mum (5 comments)
- Millom mayor pleased with increased police presence (1 comment)
- Beth Tweddle visits Millom
- Millom mum who flatlined during childbirth speaks out about threats to West Cumbria hospital service (1 comment)
- Millom killer inquest - shock twist
- WITH VIDEO: Film could be just what doctor ordered in drive to recruit Millom GPs
- Millom couple plagued by vermin demand action by council (3 comments)
- Millom townsfolk unite to recall war heroes
- Fears over pests feasting on 'banquet' of takeaways in Millom (1 comment)
- New £1m fire station to open in Cumbria village this year
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (12 comments)
- Millom Weight Watchers leader steps down after helping hundreds (1 comment)
- Millom vandals cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage