The Friends aim to protect and enhance the natural and historic interest of the Nature Reserve, on the site of the former Millom Ironworks, and provide a place of peaceful enjoyment and learning for local people and for visitors.
Local groups can get involved
Last updated at 22:04, Monday, 26 October 2009
The new Millom Local website - brought to you by the North West Evening Mail - is a great way to let people know how your group or organisation is getting on.
Are you involved with a local group, charity or organisation in Millom? If so you can keep your members, residents and the wider community up to date on how it is doing right here on the Millom Local website.
Updates, appeals and information on meetings and events can all be placed on the site - in your own words and free of charge.
To find out more call reporter Sam Walker on 01229 771898 or use the email form below.
First published at 09:03, Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Published by http://www.millomlocal.co.uk
More Millom news
- Cumbria fund’s £1,000 boost will take youth centre into new league
- Charity highlights ‘tragic’ suicide of Cumbria prison inmate
- Road closures in Copeland after heavy snowfalll and freezing temperatures forecast (2 comments)
- Millom man tells how he is battling cancer for the FOURTH time
- Millom man found topless and in possession of cocaine (3 comments)
- Cumbria quarry extension plans approved
- Olympic star joins Millom school’s celebration of achievement
- Terror jet trip Cumbria family aim to get on a plane in 2015
- Millom man airlifted to hospital after heart attack
- Parents of Millom boy unable to drink water start £20k charity drive (1 comment)
- Millom cafe owner cooks up festive treat for children
- Star gymnast helps to inspire youngsters in Millom
- Olympian Beth Tweddle returns to Millom for gym masterclass
- Cumbria A595 putting lives at risk (1 comment)
- Former Millom Co-op building fails to sell at auction
- Millom man - My Kenya prison hell
- Millom comes together for festive lights switch-on
- Millom pantomime gets off to a flying start
- Police launch fresh Millom tip baby appeal
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Cumbria prison has one of the highest numbers of smuggled phones (1 comment)
- Millom thief jailed after leaving sock at scene of burglary
- Paint vandalism in Millom
- ‘Damp home ruining my life,’ claims Millom mum (5 comments)
- Millom mayor pleased with increased police presence (1 comment)