Record number of pupils gain A*-C grades at Millom School
Last updated at 16:32, Thursday, 24 January 2013
THERE was GCSE and A-Level success for the students of Millom.
Millom School celebrated a record year with its results in GCSE English in the summer. The school in Salthouse Road saw 71 per cent of students gain A* to C grades in English.
The pass rate for students achieving five or more A* to Cs at GCSE was 58 per cent. This was one per cent down on the 2011 year 11 group.
At A-Level 95 per cent of students achieved A* to E grades, and 61 per cent gained A* to C grades.
The A-Level group at Millom School had one of the highest average point score per pupil figures, at 228.1. The school’s top performer at A-Level was Sarah White with an A* and three As.
She planned to study medicine at the University of Liverpool.
At the time of the GCSE and A-Level celebrations Ian Smith, the headteacher of Millom School, congratulated students for all their hard work, and paid tribute to the staff for their high quality teaching.
First published at 16:26, Thursday, 24 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Millom news
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks (1 comment)
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Fond tributes to Millom poppy appeal heroine
- Millom dad walks 97 miles to highlight tot's plight
- Millom sex offender jailed for three years after targeting children
- Praise for Millom project promoting public health
- Anger over inaction on disabled stairlift at Millom Town Council chambers
- New organ donors sign up within minutes of Millom group's campaign launch
- Disabled access row at Millom Town Council chambers (1 comment)
- West Cumbria residents anger as prison sewage system leaks (1 comment)
- Millom brothers cleared of neglecting mother (1 comment)
- Man left with cuts and bruises after assault in Millom
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services (1 comment)
- Millom double death inquest concludes
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22