Record number of pupils gain A*-C grades at Millom School
Last updated at 16:32, Thursday, 24 January 2013
THERE was GCSE and A-Level success for the students of Millom.
Millom School celebrated a record year with its results in GCSE English in the summer. The school in Salthouse Road saw 71 per cent of students gain A* to C grades in English.
The pass rate for students achieving five or more A* to Cs at GCSE was 58 per cent. This was one per cent down on the 2011 year 11 group.
At A-Level 95 per cent of students achieved A* to E grades, and 61 per cent gained A* to C grades.
The A-Level group at Millom School had one of the highest average point score per pupil figures, at 228.1. The school’s top performer at A-Level was Sarah White with an A* and three As.
She planned to study medicine at the University of Liverpool.
At the time of the GCSE and A-Level celebrations Ian Smith, the headteacher of Millom School, congratulated students for all their hard work, and paid tribute to the staff for their high quality teaching.
First published at 16:26, Thursday, 24 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Millom news
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Millom double killer has sentence increased
- Millom killer had made attempt on his own life
- Neighbour called 999 after witnessing Millom killer's attack on dog
- MP to hold ‘ideas fair’ in Millom
- Regeneration a key aim of Millom mayor
- Diversity turned into opportunity in Millom
- Millom School activities provide pupils with real-life skills
- Health week just what doctor ordered for Milom primary school children
- Trips away boost Millom pupils' team-building skills
- Maths in cooking gives Millom pupils a bigger appetite for learning
- Millom staff and students take on tough trek
- Millom singing event a note-able success
- Millom cyclists gear up for challenge
- Sellafield employer scoops series of accolades
- Supermarket shoppers develop a taste for Millom pale ales
- New Millom School head tells of plans
- Hawks and eagles swoop into Cumbria castle site
- Children and staff wage war on litter around Millom School
- TV talent show and burger challenge among Millom highlights
- Police to ask if Millom deaths could have been avoided
- Millom Town Council election results announced
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22