Record number of pupils gain A*-C grades at Millom School
Last updated at 16:32, Thursday, 24 January 2013
THERE was GCSE and A-Level success for the students of Millom.
Millom School celebrated a record year with its results in GCSE English in the summer. The school in Salthouse Road saw 71 per cent of students gain A* to C grades in English.
The pass rate for students achieving five or more A* to Cs at GCSE was 58 per cent. This was one per cent down on the 2011 year 11 group.
At A-Level 95 per cent of students achieved A* to E grades, and 61 per cent gained A* to C grades.
The A-Level group at Millom School had one of the highest average point score per pupil figures, at 228.1. The school’s top performer at A-Level was Sarah White with an A* and three As.
She planned to study medicine at the University of Liverpool.
At the time of the GCSE and A-Level celebrations Ian Smith, the headteacher of Millom School, congratulated students for all their hard work, and paid tribute to the staff for their high quality teaching.
First published at 16:26, Thursday, 24 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Millom news
- Star gymnast helps to inspire youngsters in Millom
- Olympian Beth Tweddle returns to Millom for gym masterclass
- Cumbria A595 putting lives at risk (1 comment)
- Former Millom Co-op building fails to sell at auction
- Millom man - My Kenya prison hell
- Millom comes together for festive lights switch-on
- Millom pantomime gets off to a flying start
- Police launch fresh Millom tip baby appeal
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Cumbria prison has one of the highest numbers of smuggled phones (1 comment)
- Millom thief jailed after leaving sock at scene of burglary
- Paint vandalism in Millom
- ‘Damp home ruining my life,’ claims Millom mum (5 comments)
- Millom mayor pleased with increased police presence (1 comment)
- Beth Tweddle visits Millom
- Millom mum who flatlined during childbirth speaks out about threats to West Cumbria hospital service (1 comment)
- Millom killer inquest - shock twist
- WITH VIDEO: Film could be just what doctor ordered in drive to recruit Millom GPs
- Millom couple plagued by vermin demand action by council (3 comments)
- Millom townsfolk unite to recall war heroes
- Fears over pests feasting on 'banquet' of takeaways in Millom (1 comment)
- New £1m fire station to open in Cumbria village this year
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (12 comments)
- Millom Weight Watchers leader steps down after helping hundreds (1 comment)
- Millom vandals cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage